Pigeon Control London
About the Pigeon
The Feral Pigeon (Columba livia) are now found in towns and cities all over the UK. They have become a serious pest problem with the dependence for food from man.
Pigeons form their nests in or on buildings and other structures like bridges. This is not only unsightly but may also have a destructive effect as the acidic droppings can erode the surface of stonework. Bird foul can also block and damage gutters leading to flooding and associated problems. Millions of pounds worth of damage is caused each year to buildings throughout the UK from feral pigeon droppings.
Health Hazards of Pest Birds
Urban pest birds promote the transmission of many types of disease, infections and illnesses. Buildings infested with pest birds place the building occupants, customers and maintenance workers at risk. These nuisance birds: pigeons, starling, house sparrows and nuisance gulls to mention just a few, transmit disease in four ways:
- Food and water contaminated with faeces
- Inhalation of contaminated dust
- Transference by parasites associated with nuisance birds, i.e. fleas, ticks, mites and other ectoparasites
- Direct contact with faeces
Nuisance birds harbour ticks, fleas, mites and other ectoparasites which live on these birds; in their nests and in places they roost. These parasites are responsible for the transmission of several hundred viral and bacterial agents. These diseases include those highlighted above. Control of these parasites is a crucial phase of containing health hazards to humans.
Pigeon control in London
BioNET use a variety of Bird control measures:
- Traditional bird proofing techniques such as netting, bird wire and bird spiking
- Bird Control using innovative proofing techniques – Bird free gel.
- Humane bird trapping
- Shooting – All our technicians are fully qualified marksman
BioNET offers reliable pigeon control service to customers in West End and Central London areas.